Just like different health plans cover different medications, different health plans allow you to get your medications from different pharmacies (called “in-network pharmacies”). Call your insurance company or visit their website to find out whether your regular pharmacy is in-network under your new plan and, if not, what pharmacies in your area are in-network. You can also learn if you can get your prescription delivered in the mail.
Most health plans give you the best deal on services when you see a doctor who is an in-network provider it usually means you’ll have lower out-of-pocket costs.
To find out if your doctors and other health care providers are covered by your new Marketplace plan, or to find a covered provider if you don’t have one yet:
1. Visit your health plan’s website and check their provider directory, which is a list of the doctors, hospitals, and other health care providers that your plan contracts with to provide care.
2. See your health plan’s provider directory. You can get this by contacting your plan, visiting the plan’s website, or using a link that you’ll find on the plan description in your Marketplace account.
3. Call your insurer to ask about specific providers. This number is on your insurance card and the insurer’s website.
4. Call your doctor’s office. They can tell you if they accept your health plan.
5. Call the Marketplace Call Center at 1-800-318-2596 (TTY: 1-855-889-4325). A trained representative can help you find your insurer’s number